4.1 Primary legislation
The Telecommunications Act 1997, the primary legislation administered by the ACMA for telecommunications regulation related to standards, compliance and labelling, is available from ComLaw. The relevant Parts/Sections are:
- Industry codes and industry standards (Part 6).
- technical Standards (Part 21 section 376).
- disability Standards (Part 21 section 380).
- Cabling Provider Rules (Part 21 section 421).
- Types of cabling work (Part 21 section 419).
The Telecommunications (Consumer Protection and Service Standards) Act 1999 is the primary legislation and deals in part with standard telephone service (section 6) and is administered by the ACMA.