To provide guidance on the following:
- the regulatory environment that customer equipment Standards are legislated under including what requirements in a Standard can be made by the ACMA.
- relationship to relevant Communications Alliance documentation.
- identification of appropriate mandatory requirements/provisions for customer equipment/cabling Standards to be called up under telecommunications legislation.
- identification of appropriate voluntary/guidance information for customer equipment or cabling Standards or Guidelines.
Who are these guidelines intended for
- members of Communications Alliance Working Committees developing Standards, Codes or Guidelines related to customer equipment or cabling.
- members of other Communications Alliance Advisory Groups/Working Groups with activities related to customer equipment or customer cabling.