The iCode aims to:
- instil cyber-security culture within Australian ISPs and their customers;
- provide consistent messaging and plain language information to customers;
- assist those customers who experience repeated compromises to their devices and develop a strategy to minimise the effect of such compromises to other customers on the ISP's network as well as customers on other ISPs' networks;
- encourage ISPs to identify compromised devices on their networks; and
- encourage ISPs to identify, communicate with each other and report any cyber security issue that may affect Australia's critical infrastructure, or may have a national security dimension; and
- implement these measures in a manner that protects the privacy of customers, consistent with relevant legislative obligations.