2015 ACOMM AWARD WINNERS ANNOUNCED
David Thodey 2015 Communications Ambassador
Category Awards to Virgin Mobile Australia, Optus, Cloud Plus, Telstra,
Jeenee Mobile, Vodafone Hutchison Australia, Megaport,
Alcatel-Lucent, Pivotel Satellite and NetComm Wireless.
Sydney, 17 July 2015 - The winners of the prestigious 2015 Communications Alliance & CommsDay Awards were announced at the 9th Annual ACOMM Awards Dinner in Sydney. Attended by almost 500 industry leaders, the evening’s keynote address was delivered by Senator the Hon. Malcolm Turnbull, Minister for Communications.
The individual category awards were taken out by a star-studded line-up of Australian service providers - featuring long-established players and ‘new faces’ – including Virgin Mobile Australia, Optus, Cloud Plus, Telstra, Jeenee Mobile, Vodafone Hutchison Australia, Megaport, Alcatel-Lucent, Pivotel Satellite and NetComm Wireless.
David Thodey has been named Australian Communications Ambassador 2015 for his transformational contributions to the Australian telecommunications sector, including through leadership in cultural change and commitment to customer service.
“The ACOMM Awards represent the pinnacle of achievement for the Australian communications industry and I congratulate all the winners and finalists in the 2015 ACOMMS,” said Communications Alliance CEO John Stanton.
“Excellence in innovation is a pervasive trait in the achievements of the 2015 ACOMM winners.”
“We are seeing ever more clearly the race to differentiate through innovations that harness advanced technology and combine it with inventive thinking to deliver new and valuable capabilities to customers.”
The winners of the 2015 ACOMM Awards are:
- Communications Ambassador – David Thodey
- Innovation - Large Company – Vodafone Hutchison Australia for their ‘Data Workout program” - a unique program designed to raise data usage awareness among customers.
- Innovation - SME – Megaport - for their ‘Software-based network and communications’ solution that offers highly flexible configuration and pricing that makes network design and orchestration easy and fast.
- Services to the Industry, Professional Services – Alcatel-Lucent for boosting Australia’s telecommunications skills base with the integration of specialist university course material and certification programs into tertiary engineering courses at RMIT and UTS.their ‘Engineering Courses’.
- Best Marketing Initiative – Virgin Mobile Australia for their new brand platform “Making Mobile Better” that created a movement, not just a campaign –with #Mealforameal. Virgin Mobile delivered a real meal to someone in need via OzHarvest.
- Best Mobile Solution – Optus for their ‘Cash by Optus’ that gives customers the ability to load funds to a facility on their phone and to make contactless payments using their phone anywhere Visa payWave is accepted.
- Best Security Solution – Cloud Plus for their ‘- Managed Firewall with the Security Plus Bundle’. A virtual firewall instance equipped with a comprehensive suite of features essential to protect a business from sophisticated security threats
- Vendor Innovation - Large – Alcatel-Lucent for designing, deploying and bringing into operation a 4G LTE wireless communications network in the Pilbara.
- Vendor Innovation - Emerging – NetComm Wireless for the first 4G/LTE device on the global market to integrate the latest M2M software protocols and support M2M innovation.
- Satellite Provider of the Year Award – Pivotel Satellite for Tracertrak - providing global resource tracking and monitoring, including a comprehensive OH&S and remote worker safety solution.
- Community Contribution – Jeenee Mobile for making mobile technology and all of its benefits equally inclusive, accessible and affordable for people who live with a disability.
- Commitment to Customer Service – Telstra for putting the customer at the centre. Telstra developed a new approach to customer service - based on personalisation.
ABOUT COMMUNICATIONS ALLIANCE
Communications Alliance is the peak body for the Australian communications industry. Through a range of successful programs, events and initiatives, Communications Alliance has a leadership role in facilitating industry-based solutions to sectoral issues and is taking steps to bring to fruition the broadband and digital era, including leading the industry’s involvement in the National Broadband Network implementation. For further information visit www.commsalliance.com.au
ABOUT COMMS DAY
Communications Day Australasia is Australia and New Zealand’s most respected source of daily telecom industry news and commentary published under the Decisive Publishing stable. For further information see www.commsday.com
Media information contact:
Lucy Chamberlain firstname.lastname@example.org 0402 106 613