C570:2009 Mobile Number Portability - Incorporating Amendment No.1/2015
The Industry Code has been developed to specify the procedural arrangements required to Port a Mobile Service Number between Carriage Service Providers, where there is a change in Mobile Carrier network. Elements of the Industry Code could be utilised by Carriers and Carriage Service Providers in other customer transfer scenarios. Carriers and Carriage Service Providers (including long distance CSPs) must fulfil their routing obligations under the Numbering Plan. This Industry Code provides for automated interfaces between Mobile Carriers/Carriage Service Providers to support Mobile Number Portability in the distribution of routing information.
In 2015 the following amendments were made:
- deletion of clause stipulating that a CSP who receives any type of information as described in the Code may use or disclose this information only in accordance with Part 13 of the Act and the Privacy Act 1988 as it is replicated in clause 3.2.2;
- removal of the condition that a CA is deemed to be invalid if the Customer validly rescinds or cancels a contract within the cooling off period in accordance with the applicable fair trading legislation, as this is inconsistent with the Australian Consumer Law;
- removal of the section on GCSP Customer Information Obligations, with the intent being captured in the Customer Authorisation Industry Guideline (G651:2015);
- removal of the section on Requirements for Customer Authorisations, with the intent being captured in the Customer Authorisation Industry Guideline (G651:2015);
- removal of requirement to provide Reversal documentation ‘in writing’;
- removal of clauses on CA Retention, CA Completion, and completion of a CA by an agent; and
- removal of the Code Administration and Compliance Scheme and obligations on Communications Alliance to handle industry complaints under the Code Administration and Compliance Scheme.
Specific details of the amendments are set out in Appendix A of the Code.