Once a period for public comment has ended the usual process is for the group that developed the draft (e.g. a Working Committee) to review any public comments on the draft and then work towards consensus on the content of the document, leading to publication of the document.
Current Drafts for Public Comment
Fibre Ready Pit And Pipe Specification For Real Estate Development Projects Industry Guideline
The Fibre Ready Pit And Pipe Specification For Real Estate Development Projects Industry Guideline is designed to:
- outline the minimum standard for Telecommunications pit and pipe installation within Real Estate Development Project to be considered a Fibre Ready Facility;
- describe recommended processes for the design and installation of pit and pipe facilities for use in a Real Estate Development Project;
- describe recommended processes and materials for the design and installation of such pit and pipe facilities.
- add content on multi unit and multi building developments, including super lots;
- clarify the definition of popular Conduit sizes;
- maintain consistency with other industry documents; and
- update several of the figures.
The draft Guideline has been revised further, including to:
- address the public comments received in the first round of consultation;
- add new content on ‘new lots fronting an existing private road (made or unmade)’
- add new content on guard wires to reduce the risk of damage to copper cables from lightning strikes;
- clarify the content related to Laneways; and
- update the content on pit lids.
A summary of the changes between the first draft (DR G645:2016) and the second draft (DR2 G645:2016) is available here (27 KB).
Information on the Working Committee which revised the Guideline, including the Terms of Reference can be found here.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD CLOSES AT 5.00 P.M. (AEDT) ON TUESDAY 8 NOVEMBER 2016.